On April 20th 2017 our DTSG launched their strategy for the development of Digital Learning and Technologies across the Compass Partnership. This event took place in a unique venue, Jigsaw24 in Golden Square and was well-attended by leaders and Trustees.
Following a 2-day strategic planning event at Apple HQ in December 2016 the DTSG was formed. The vision and aims have driven our actions and decisions to date which include:
- Surveys of staff and children across all schools which will inform our future CPL programme
- Development of our personalised App wheel (following a visit to Grazebrook Primary)
- Research into the use of VR in schools (following a visit to Putney High School)
- Development of our own Digital Technologies and Learning Framework
- Launch of 1:2 trial of iPads in two schools (May 2017)
In Compass Schools we believe in giving children the opportunities to enable them to choose and use tools appropriately for achieving effective communication of ideas, having a bigger picture of all aspects of ICT and being able to make connections between them.
“…in an unimaginably complex future, the digitally unenhanced person, however wise, will not be able to access the tools of wisdom that will be available to even the least wise digitally enhanced human.”